VMP Triple Pass-Dual Fan Heat Exchanger. Three times the cooling exposure and an even BIGGER pair of 11 inch fans to help you maintain maximum performance! VMP-SUC023
All new! The VMP Heat Exchanger incorporates dual 11" fans and a 13" tall core, the largest in the industry. Plus, TRIPLE PASS TECHNOLOGY! This is the ultimate cooling solution at the most affordable price.
VMP developed this heat exchanger to deal with the rigors of driving the VMP TVS Supercharged Boss 302 Mustang on the road course. Through track and dyno testing they have found that our heat-exchanger keeps temps low enough to maintaining consistent power output even during a 20 minute high-speed on-track session on a brutal 90F Florida day. They stuffed the largest core possible under the stock bumper. Dual-fans help keep air moving over the core at low speeds, stoplights, and in the staging lanes. Fans are an essential part of making a larger heat exchanger work. Three passes of the water through this huge core lowers temperatures as much as possible.
Your supercharged 5.0L will perform much better with cooler intake temps, this is especially critical on the high compression Coyote and Roadrunner 5.0L engines when running 10psi or more of boost. Lower intake temps allow for more timing and more power.
Heat exchanger is 13.25" tall, 28" wide, and 2" thick. Measurements do not include fans, mounting brackets or inlet/outlet.
- VMP Heat exchanger with twin 11" Spal fans
- Sealed Dual Relay/Sealed Dual Fuse wiring harness - Plug and Play for your application (select when ordering)
- Mouting hardware for heat exchanger
- Mounting bracket for intercooler pump
Features of the VMP Heat Exchanger:
- Fits 2011-2014 Supercharged Coyote F-150
- Standard on the VMP TVS Stage 2 for the 5.0L F-150
- Works with Whipple, Kenne Bell, Roush, Magnuson, Edelbrock superchargers
- Works with air-water intercoolers on Vortech centrifugal superchargers
- High efficient triple pass design cools the water three times for lower temps vs. OEM single pass
- Increased HP due to intake temperature drop compared to stock
- Plug and play harness connects inline with the intercooler pump circuit to trigger fan relays
- Drop in intake temp at wide open throttle due to the improved capacity
- Cool-down in the staging lanes possible by running fans and pump
- Quicker cool down in between runs at the track
- Helps prevent heat soak and detonation due to increased intake temps
- Moves the intercooler pump out of the grill for improved airflow
- Simple do-it-yourself bolt on installation
- Increases coolant capacity
- Furnace brazed core (no epoxies) with beautifully tig welded tank construction
- Dual 11" fans provide the ultimate in airflow at all vehicle speeds
- Each unit is pressure-tested before it is shipped.
*In 2014 the VMP HE became a triple pass design, water goes in the driver side, and out the passenger side, Afco and older VMP models were a double pass design and thus had a different hose routing.
*For all models (except 13-14 GT500) the intercooler pump is mounted below the drivers side headlight with the supplied "Z bracket"